The occupation covered by this standard is Construction Site Supervisor and typical job titles can include: Assistant Site Manager, Assistant Supervisor or Construction Site Supervisor. In the case of SME construction companies the roles are likely to include Site Manager or Site Supervisor. They are associated with the supervision of specialist contractors and workers on construction projects and are based on construction sites with occasional time in offices.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Site Supervisor are:
• Supervision of specialist contractors
• The control of health and safety standards on construction projects
• Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
• The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
• Control of quality of works on a construction project
• Assisting commercial staff with the monitoring of costs on a construction project
For more information on this qualification click here.